Everyone knows about gum disease. But only a few know about the symptoms and prevention of gum disease. Since it plays an important role in everyone’s lives, one should know about these in detail for a better understanding of gum disease. The dentistsinmobileal informs everything that one should know about the gum diseases.
Types of Gum Disease
There is mainly two kind of gum disease which is found in case of unhealthy gums. They are:
- Gingivitis which destroys the gum and also affects soft skin which protects the teeth from bacteria
- Periodontitis happens to be a more severe disease. It not damages the gum but also bones and tissues which support one’s teeth.
Cause of Gum Disease
It is mainly caused by bacteria found on gums and teeth. These germs grow and are basically found in plaque which is a sticky and clear substance produced by a person’s mouth. The bacteria in plaque make toxins which swell and even bleed if not taken care properly. Know more from https://dentistsinmobileal.com
Symptoms of Gum Disease
Healthy gums are generally pinkish and firm. It does not bleed easily and supports teeth strongly. But if a person has gum disease then gums often seem to be red in color, tender and swollen. It will easily bleed when flossing or brushing. These are the symptoms of gingivitis.
Periodontitis shows symptoms like loose teeth, puss coming out from gums, bad breath is permanent, gums pull away from teeth. If symptoms like these are seen the one should immediately visit a dentist.
Prevention of Gum Disease
To prevent it one should:
- Have dental cleaning at regular intervals
- Should clean teeth at home regularly
- Smoking and chewing tobacco should be stopped
- Build up a good immune system
One should follow all the prevention method and look out for the symptoms daily. More prevention tips are given at https://dentistsinmobileal.com